M Watts Legal provides full service for mining proponents across the life of mine development – from the tenement application stage, issues that arise during exploration and operational stages, to final rehabilitation.
M Watts Legal acts on behalf of project proponents in:
- Providing a range of commercial assistance:
- Access agreements including mining access agreements, pastoral access agreements and rail crossing agreements;
- Project agreements including sale agreements, sub-leases and licences, farm in agreements, State Agreements and port tenure agreements;
- Legislation advice including Mining Act compliance issues, State Agreement issues, land access (Mining Act and Land Administration Act) issues;
- Strategic advice including in relation to Mining Act and land access processes; and
- Providing litigation support (Warden’s Court, Supreme Court and Federal Court proceedings).
M Watts Legal’s clients include local and international blue chip mining proponents, junior miners and explorers, petroleum proponents, government authorities and industry representative groups.